ICI Admission Criteria
Admission Quota: 40 international students
- All application materials must be written in English.
- After the review of all applications, some applicants will be required to have a brief interview. Detail information about the interview will be provided in the notification letter/E-mail. (Please confirm that the correct contact information is provided)
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency by providing the official score report of either TOEFL or IELTS. A minimum score of 90 on iBT or IELTS Grade 6.5 is required.
- Applicants who earned a high school (or equivalent) degree from an accredited institution where English is the principal language of instruction are exempt from submitting the proficiency score report (verification may be required).
Mandatory Application Materials:
- ICI Application Form. Please download the ICI Application Form (click here to download).
- Personal Statement (1000 words maximum)
- Official High School (or equivalent) Transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency (please refer to instructions point 3 &4)
- Study Plan
Optional Application Materials:
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Documents proving special achievements (achievement award certificates, scholarships, etc.)
- Proof of Chinese language proficiency (e.g. TOCFL, HSK)
Chinese Language Requirements:
According to the requirements set by the College, students are required to pass the Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language (TOCFL) at Level 3 or provide other proof of Chinese language proficiency at the equivalent level before graduation. If students fail to acquire the certificate at the required level, they will have to take and pass four semesters of NCCU Mandarin Special Course (one course per semester) at their own expense before graduation.